Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Winds of Luck

The winds of luck were blowing my way yesterday. It what started as a delayed flight from Minneapolis to Seattle which sounded like I might miss my connection turned into meeting an amazing woman, a professor from Macalester who teaches African Studies and who is making a film about Chinese railway workers in Africa and both of us getting upgraded to first class for our 12 hr flight to China. My seat lied down, was served a fours course dinner and now have some nice delta slippers.

It was a success reaching China. Last night I blew up my therma rest, put in my head phones and did my best to not hear the coal trains or the rosters. But I was up at 5am. I am off in search of a shower and food. Will update with pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. Life consists of these sheer moments of happiness. Little, unexpected moments, in which you think: how did this happen to me. Or maybe you don't think how did this happen to me. You just experience that sheer moment of happiness, unexpectedly.

    ReplyDelete