Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day-7- Out on our own

We decided it was time to leave the gate on our own.  Seems like an easy thing but we A.did not know where to go and B.did not know if the gate would be closed when we returned.  We took two other bikes which might be worse then the one with no brakes!  Each bike a broken crank so the peddles barely worked.  We road up into the small village where everyone even the dogs stopped to look at us.  Don't blame them I was wearing my surf shorts but you can't blame me it is hot! People here where bright mis matched pjs all day so I thought maybe my green surf shorts might be better then my all black dresses but nope.  After riding in circles we asked someone with the help of my iphone where a store was.  He just nodded his head no.  So we headed home defeated but then out of no where another guy from the residency showed up on his bike.  He brought us to a store we had passed not knowing it was a store.  I got a piece of rotisserie chicken.  Then we road home feeling we did it, yes with some help but we did it anyways :)

Now I am leaving to spend the day at 798, the art gallery area in Beijing.  Yay, adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment