Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 5- Broken Bikes and the History of Tea

My day stared with a bike trip to the market which is in the town over.  I road a bike that must have been built in the 50's, had no brakes, and the handle bars where bent to the right, so I could never straighten out my arms.  I got to ride down dirt roads, through a corn field, and past a herd of sheep.  I saw a woman making sesame oil and ate a crepe like breakfast wrap with things I am unsure of what they where in it.  It was amazing.  I also pasted a square where I think people might dance!!!  I came home to have a 3 hour tea tasting with 4 new friends.  I got what the Chinese call tea drunk.  I learned about the history of tea, the wars fought over tea, about different types of fermentation and tasted many yummy teas.  Each so different.  It was like going wine tasting. 


The night ended with a cultural misunderstanding and disagreement about an art project they want Emily and I to photograph for.  We are working on how to explain what we feel or I might use the only way I seem to be able to leave anything here.  I am tried.  I think they think I sleep a lot! Think I am going to start saying I have work to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment