Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 13- 798 and Goodbye Feast

Yesterday 13 of us loaded into the mini van and went into Beijing for an opening of a past residence here.  We went to 798 and walked around to many other openings.  There were so so many people.  It was great to see some contemporary Chinese art but the highlight might have been sitting down drinking fanta and people watching.  With all art scenes come some interesting people and China is not exception.  We all met back in the van and head to an amazing restaurant in the country.  It was the Chinese version of farm to table.  It was a sort of goodbye party for me being that today is my last day at the residency.  We ate fish with eggs, fried corn, noodles, pumpkin and many things I can not remember.  Food just kept coming.  I have not been able to eat a lot in our small town between the heat, people smoking in restaurants, and the one restaurant we have to go to in our village.  Emily and I thought it was like a Christmas Banquet.  We were so happy.  But then as luck would have it.  I got sick as soon as we got home.  Why China why?  It was still a great day.  Now I must pack for part two of China.  10 days in Beijing.

No comments:

Post a Comment