Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 3- Ant Wine and Ikea

I now understand that if I leave the residency I will be gone all day.  That I will go many places and return so tired that I might not make it up my stairs.  But it is worth it.  Yesterday I woke up at 5am again and this morning I woke up at 5am.  By 9am we were loaded in the warm van towards Beijing.  There has been a group of dancers here who we had to drop of at their next destination.  Then 5 of us were off to Ikea.  I do not say no to any trip.  We got to do a drive by of T Square and see the painting of the master himself(names left out so that I can keep my blog).  Then it was lunch time.  This time I focused on the cabbage.  It was so so good.  Then it was Ikea time.  It was so odd to be at Ikea in China.  For one thing families actually take ownership of different displays.  They all lay down in the beds, nap on the couches, take off their shoes and make themselves at home.   I guess it is a good idea AC and a bed with a real mattress sounds like a great place to take the family.  I bought a curtain so that the workers behind my bedroom and shower can no longer look in.  I can now shower standing up but I must say with the squat toilets and trying to not give a free show in my shower I am building some strong quads.  After the epic trip to Ikea we headed over to the directors house for a very tasty dinner.  The night ended with Emily and I drinking a sip of wine that had fermented ants and a snake in it. I guess we now have good sexual health.  Not sure if it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment