Sunday, July 3, 2011

Breakfast Found Me!

I know there have been many post today but what can I say I have been up since 5am with no one to talk to.  After posting some photos and went off to explore the museum.  An older man working there kept saying or at least I think saying to follow him.  He brought me to the roof of the museum.  I got to see the sun rising over the many mountains that surround where I am.  That was when I thought ok this is why I am here.  It is all going to be great.  As I walked back to my studio I got stopped by another artist sitting on his steps.  We began to talk in broken English, Chinese, French and Spanish.  Many others started to join.  I am not sure if they heard my belly but they asked if I wanted food.  This just started the most amazing breakfast of my life.  You know this has to be good because I do love pancakes.  But my new friend Fish and his girlfriend fed me a soup with peanuts, lentils, rice, and milk, which was great.  Then we laughed and Fish did Tai Chi and then we drank cup after tiny cup of tea for about an hour.  I wanted to cry! 

People here are so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment