Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 9- The Store Again

We went to the grocery store which is about a 1/2 drive from our village.  This time I was given a cart and set free.  I did more exploring then buying.  It is hard to buy food with no fridge or stove.  So I go more crackers.  I found oatmeal and the best find was Gatorade. I hate that stuff at home but here it is not possible to drink enough.  You are always sweating.  Each small thing takes a day here.  I am exhausted.  I still seem to wake up at 5am.  Not sure if it is the ply wood bed, the goat family or the coal train.  Maybe all three.  I think I am going to go to Beijing for ten days starting next week.  So that I can see the temples and visit schools for work.  I am excited to eat dumplings every day!  Hot Pot and all kinds of tasty snacks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment