Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 2- Made my own tea!

Yesterday was an epic day.  I had four hours of sleep, was not sure of how I ended up in China and was taken on my first shopping trip!  A. it was hot B. i was half wake C. there are so many people.  But luckily I had some amazing help.  I will include names once I can figure out how to same them and remember them, so many amazing people here!  So Xiaobei, the amazing woman who runs the whole ship here and her son who has been our translator took us into town.  Her son pushed my cart and said yes and no to things I put in my cart.  It became a rather funny game.  The hard part is I do not have a fridge and it is HOT here and I do not have a stove.  So I bought a hot water boiler for tea, sanitizing water, and for yes you guessed it ramen.  I am going back to my college years.  Ramen and crackers.  But I did get my own tea set, a cell phone in case you want to call china, and a fan! When the shopping extravaganza was over Xiaobei treated us to lunch.  It was AMAZING.  I ate so many dumplings that kung fu panda would have been impressed.  When we returned home I fell asleep so hard that when I woke up I thought that it was morning and had no clue where I was and why a mosquito net was over me.  But I woke up just in time for a BBQ.  I guess it was our 4th of july.  We grilled, ate watermelon, drank beer, and danced to bad American pop music.  I went to bed tired and when I woke up this morning to my own tea set and green tea I knew life is going to be ok! 

1 comment:

  1. The dumplings sound delish! I'm so glad that the good people around you are taking care of you!

    ReplyDelete